Install FMCB with
HD Loader/HD Advance retail disc
Written by JNABK
You can use your retail copy of
HDL / HDA to install Free McBoot by using uLaunchELF and a
On the PC:
1 - Download the uLaunchELF ISO and extract the ISO file to your
desktop. Download Winhiip if you dont have it already and use Winhiip (or whatever other way you know to do)
to install the ISO to the HDD connected to your PC. Heres a Winhiip Guide if
your not sure how to use Winhiip.
2 - Download the Noobie Package and extract the INSTALL folder and the
FREE_MCBOOT.ELF to your USB device's ROOT (means not inside any folder). You
can look at the Noobie Guide by clicking the User Guide tab
above, if you need more info.
On the PS2:
- Insert the HDD, the USB device, the HDL or HDA disc and a PS2
memory Card into the console and turn it on.
- Run the uLaunchELF program from the Games List ( you may need to set Mode3 if you get a blackscreen)
- From the uLaunchELF screen (ignore the LAUNCHELF.CNF error
message) press the O button to go into the FileBrowser menu
- Select the mass: option, as thats your USB device
- From the next screen, select the FREE_MCBOOT.ELF and press O
button to execute it.
You should now be looking at the FMCB installer screen, so refer to the
User Guides for install options.